Below are the Rules & Regulations, deadlines and instructions for Registration for NWCYC. Please read the following material thoroughly before registering. Thank you for your cooperation and we ask you to please continue praying for the service of the Youth Convention.
The Convention dates are Thursday July 21 to Sunday July 24, 2016.
Costs and Deadlines:
Early Bird Registration: $200, open till June 10.
Regular Registration: $225 , open June 11 till June 19.
IMPORTANT: There are LIMITED SPOTS currently open (until Thursday July 14), the cost is $225. Complete your registration soon as these spots will go fast!
Please note transportation costs are not included.
† Rules & Regulations
- This is NOT a vacation for the Youth or for Servants; it is a Spiritual Retreat and Christian Convention.
Bring your Agpeya, Bible and anything else you might think is necessary such as a pen and a pad for
- This is a Christian Convention; everyone is expected to act in a Christian manner.
- Please dress appropriately and respectfully. We are in the presence of our Blessed Bishops and our
Fathers the Priests and all attire should be that which can be worn in Church (ie: no miniskirts, short
shorts, cut off shirts, revealing tank tops, etc …) Also, no sleep wear or pajamas are to be worn outside the
bedroom. If your attire is deemed inappropriate by the servants or clergy, you WILL be asked to change.
- Please obtain permission to attend NWCYC from your Father of Confession, Priest serving your Church (or
Leading Servant if you do not have a Priest), before registering.
- Out of respect for our speakers, organizers and other participants, please follow the program and arrive
on time to all scheduled events.
- Once the convention has started, participants are not permitted to leave the Convention, unless it is part
of the scheduled program or have permission from one of our Fathers the Priests or designated servants
- Having members of the opposite sex in your rooms is forbidden.
- DVD, CD, and MP3 players will not be permitted during any organized events or activities.
- Swearing, fighting, drugs, alcohol, smoking, gambling and any sort of promiscuity will not be tolerated,
and will result in the participant being sent home at their own expense.
- Please respect the curfew times.
- Everyone is required to clean up after themselves; this includes the cafeteria, the lecture halls, and the open/social areas.
If you choose not to abide by the above rules, you will be reprimanded by your Father of Confession, and
may be sent home at your own expense.
- Age Requirement: Participants must have completed Gr. 10 BEFORE the start of the Convention.
- Transportation costs are not included. Please talk to your church representative to know about transportation costs, and if any fundraising or subsidies are available from your youth group.
- Attending only some of the nights: there is a chance you can get a reduced cost based on only the nights you’re staying, but that may require pairing you in apartments with people from other churches. Please note there is also a chance of the cost not changing from spending the full 3 nights. Please make sure you indicate on the registration form what nights you will be attending.
- Payment: Please pay your church representative by June 21. Anyone who has not paid will be subject to de-registration from the convention
- The Church Representatives for each Church are:
- Calgary: Andrew Rofaeil
Edmonton: Fady Farag
Winnipeg: Karas Elbardisy
Vancouver: Steven Faltas & Martin Nobar
- Cancellation deadline (for both early bird and regular registration): you can cancel until (and including) June 19 at no charge. For cancellations after June 19, you may be charged up to the full cost that you paid. Please talk to your church representative about cancelling after June 19.
- Mode of Registration: Registration for NWCYC via the internet will be the only means of registration. There is a current wait list for the convention which will only move based upon cancellations, please fill in the wait list form below (you will receive an email confirming the wait list request once your form goes through successfully), and if you get a spot you will get notified by your church representative and/or email: